Saturday, September 16
4:00 pm – Registration and Festival Begin
5:30 pm – Walk Program Begins
5:45 pm – Walk Begins
6:00 pm – Festival Continues/Line Dancing
7:00 pm – Event Concludes
11300 W. 44th Ave.
Wheat Ridge, CO
$35 Adult (includes t-shirt)
$10 Kids ages 5-12 (includes t-shirt)
$0 Kids ages 4 and under
The Lupus Colorado Community Walk is back for a second-straight year! The 2016 Walk was a huge success, drawing over 200 participants and raising nearly $45,000, which was $20,000 over the 2016 goal. THANK YOU TO ALL OF OUR PARTICIPANTS, FUNDRAISERS AND DONORS!!!!
Unlike many other walks, EVERY DOLLAR RAISED AT THE LUPUS COLORADO WALK WILL STAY IN THE STATE OF COLORADO TO BENEFIT MORE THAN 30,000 COLORADANS LIVING WITH LUPUS. When you participate in the Lupus Colorado Community Walk, you are directly impacting fellow Coloradans living with this debilitating disease.
The walk will feature two shaded walk routes this year to accommodate all of our patients. The main walk route will be 1/2 mile or you can take the shortcut which is 1/4 mile. Community Walk Route – Final
We encourage you to form a team and invite friends and family to join your team and help you FUNdraise. All walkers who raise $500 or more will receive a Lupus Colorado Umbrella! Raise $1,000 or more and you will receive a Lupus Colorado Duffel Bag. A prize will also be given the Top Fundraising Team and Top Individual Fundraiser. Click UNIQUE FUNDRAISING TIPS for a list of great fundraising ideas for your team
Below is everything you need to know for the big event.
WHERE DO I PARK?
Click Here for a map with detailed parking locations. Jay’s Valet will be providing pedicab service from the outlying parking lots.
WHERE DO I REGISTER/CHECK-IN?
Upon arriving at the walk site, please stop at the Registration/Check-In Tent first (see map for location). This is where you will check-in/register, turn in any donations and pick-up your t-shirt and any earned incentives.
WHAT IS THERE TO DO AT THE WALK?
- Entertainment: Enjoy music from local DJ Jeff Evans.
- Refreshments: Food trucks including, Flex-Able Food Truck, High Point Creamery, Leon’s Hand Popped Kettlecorn, and Richie’s on the Run will be selling food. Each food truck will donate 10% of their profits to Lupus Colorado, so bring your appetite!! Ice cold water and cotton candy will be Free!
- Games: We have a variety of activities including corn hole, face painters, giant Jenga, giant lawn Tic-Tac-Toe, and a Minute to Win tent where you can play fun games and win prizes.
- Booths: Get your event Passport and visit all of our booths for a chance to win great prizes! Vendors include Cruise Planners, Juice Plus, Lupus Research Alliance, Milan Laser Hair Removal, Rare Patient Voice, Remembrance Wellness and Yoga, Ron Robinson Attorney at Law, and Soaps of Eden.
- Team Photos: Don’t miss the Team Photo Area to get your team photo taken!
- Four-Legged Friends: Dogs will NOT be allowed at this year’s walk.
- Decorate Your Team: Show your team spirit by bringing signs, dressing up or designing a team t-shirt. The only limit is your imagination! A prize will be given to the best dressed team.
- Enjoy the Day: The walk is a great way to meet new friends that have been on a similar journey. You are doing a wonderful thing by coming together to raise money and awareness for Lupus. Thank you!
Local sponsorship opportunities enable companies to gain exposure throughout the community while supporting this important cause. Providing a cash or in-kind donation helps keep event costs down and results in more funds directed to research, patient education and services. There are several ways your company can support the Lupus Colorado Community Walk. .
There are several ways your company can support Lupus Colorado:
- Outright sponsorship: provides the ability to engage with consumers and prospective clients in a positive environment. For information on sponsorships, please email email@example.com or click 2017 Local Colorado Sponsorship Opportunities for the sponsorship form.
- Corporate Team Formation: offers a fun and exciting way to engage employees in the community, increase employee satisfaction and foster healthy fundraising competition. Lupus Colorado will provide all the necessary materials and support to recruit company Team Captains, assist with goal setting, and help create an easy fundraising plan.
Follow us on Facebook for regular updates.
Questions about the walk or how to register: Contact TeNeil at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719.529.0362.
We can’t wait to walk with you!
Top Fundraising Teams